Re: xmms + CD

On Wednesday 25 October 2006 17:56, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have 2 soundcards.
>
> I can set the xmms preferences to either one + can play mp3 files
> through either.
>
> But playing a CD with xmms always comes out through card0.
>
> Why?
>
> I can use cdcd also: it also always puts out sound through card0.
>
> Is there a CD playing program that can play through the second soundcard?
>
> Sound is nice to listen to, a pain to install.
>
> Thanks!

I'd say your card0 has the audio cable connected between it and the CD drive
that is why the sound always comes out of it. For xmms their is a setting in
Play Mode for Digital audio extraction which should allow you to use the
second card for playback for other programs I have no clue.

Stephen

--
GPG Pubic Key: http://users.eastlink.ca/~stephencormier/publickey.asc