Re: ntfs rw in etch??

On 10/24/06, Bruno Buys <bruno.grupos@gmail.com> wrote:
On 10/24/06, Johannes Wiedersich
<johannes@physik.blm.tu-muenchen.de> wrote:
> Bruno Buys wrote:
> > This is etch recently installed in an athlon with a ntfs win
> > partition. Mount tells me it is writable. Can I trust? I didn't write
> > anything to it yet, just read. Writing to ntfs from linux sounds like
> > a taboo, to me.
> >
> > /dev/hda1 on /media/hda1 type ntfs (rw,gid=1000,uid=1000)
>
> from the man page to ntfsmount (etch)
>
> NAME
>         ntfsmount - NTFS module for FUSE.
>
> SYNOPSIS
>         ntfsmount device mount_point [-o options]
>
> DESCRIPTION
>         ntfsmount  is a FUSE module that rely on libntfs. You need FUSE
> to com-
>         pile it, xattr is recommended, but not mandatory.
>
>         Fully implemented ntfsmount features:
>                · Read-write access to normal and sparse files.
>                · Read-only access to compressed files.
>                · Access to special Interix files (symlinks, devices,
FIFOs).
>                · List/Read/Write/Add/Remove named data streams.
>                · Supports Linux and FreeBSD.
>
>         Partly implemented features:
>                · Create/Delete/Move files and directories.
>                · Hard link files.
>

> I have no expierience myself how trustable that is...
>
> HTH, Johannes
>

> --
listmaster@lists.debian.org

I tried a little. It seems that files can be edited but not created or
removed.

I'm currently using ntfsprogs for managing my NTFS partitions, it
works very well and I can create any file I want....the only problem I
experienced was while moving a lots of big files (>200MB) in the same
dir.
I just compiled the FUSE module...installed ntfsprogs (the latest
version)...umounted the ntfs partition (that was mounted with the
kernel's ntfs module ) and remounted it with ntfsprogs (modprobe fuse
&& ntfsmount /dev/hda5 /mnt/winc -o umask=0000).

Hope this helps.

\0

--
main(){int n=-1;char rf[]="Zlukpun'/S0|zlyz'{v'6kl}6u|ss'zpujl'8@?@B";
while(n[rf]!='B'){putchar(rf[++n]-'\07');}return 0;}