Re: debian-user-digest Digest V2006 #2285

What's the advantage of using apf as opposed to lokkit? One of them might be lokkit downloads so many packages in order to work, but I'm interested in additional advantages if any. My idea of a firewall is very simple and has very few rules. Rule 1, deny all incoming traffic. Rule 2, allow for localhost operations. Rule 3, allow outgoing connections. Rule 4, allow established connections. As a home user I have no use for nor need for apache and really no current use or need for samba since I can't get debian talking in the X interface yet and doubt I'd ever want to share anything with a windows box in any event even my own.