Re: Etch/Cupsys/Gutenprint - failure to communicate

José Alburquerque wrote:

Matthew Krauss wrote:

Hi,

On a clean new Etch install, I can't seem to see any Gutenprint printer drivers (ie. the Canon iP4000) from any Cupsys printer setup tool (ie. gnome-cups-manager, http://localhost:631). I have cupsys, cupsys-driver-gutenprint, and foomatic-db-gutenprint installed. Plenty of printer drivers show up, but none of them seem to be Gutenprint drivers. I have also tried upgrading to the cupsys in Sid. I have googled endlessly.

Help?!

Thanks much,
Matthew

In case this might help, here's a list of the gutenprint packages installed on my sid system:

[07:48][jose@sweety:~]$ dpkg -l | grep -i guten | cut -d' ' -f 3
cupsys-driver-gutenprint
foomatic-db-gutenprint
ijsgutenprint
libgutenprint2
libgutenprintui2-1

Also, by reading the package description, I found that if you want to be able to select your printer from the web interface of CUPS, you'll probably want to have the 'foomatic-filters-ppds' package installed. HTH.

What's really weird is that I don't see your printer or mine (Epson Stylus C82) on the list of drivers using gnome-cups-manager or the cups web interface. I do see both the Canon iP4000 and the Stylus C82 using the foomatic-gui. Here are the foomatic packages on my system:

[07:48][jose@sweety:~]$ dpkg -l | grep -i fooma | cut -d' ' -f 3
foomatic-db
foomatic-db-engine
foomatic-db-gutenprint