Etch/Cupsys/Gutenprint - failure to communicate

Hi,

On a clean new Etch install, I can't seem to see any Gutenprint printer drivers (ie. the Canon iP4000) from any Cupsys printer setup tool (ie. gnome-cups-manager, http://localhost:631). I have cupsys, cupsys-driver-gutenprint, and foomatic-db-gutenprint installed. Plenty of printer drivers show up, but none of them seem to be Gutenprint drivers. I have also tried upgrading to the cupsys in Sid. I have googled endlessly.

Help?!

Thanks much,
Matthew