Re: clamav

Raquel wrote:
On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 22:25:38 +0200
steef <steefvanduin@zonnet.nl> wrote:

hi list,

i installed clamav, did what the documentation prescribed in
/etc/exim4  etc. etc. and all seems well: freshclam updates as it
should be, so it  seems to me; without any experience with the
working of this av-program.

so: what am i to expect?  up till now i see absolutely nothing in
my  emails. should i see a message p.e  as 'all is well with this
email' or  just nothing, as it is now, till a virus in one of my
(many) incoming  emails is discovered?

i should appreciate if someone with more experience in the
workings of this scanner could inform me of 'what to expect'.
i am running debian_etch on thid hd and receive and send my emails
with  seamonkey; my mta is (standard) exim4; my kernel
2.6.17-2.k7.

thanks on advance,

regards,

steef

If you look at the headers of the emails you receive you'll see
something like:
yes i can see that.

When a virus is found in an incoming message what happens depends
upon how you have it configured.
that's what i gonna check

 However, there's no message
attached to outgoing emails saying that the emails have been checked
by ClamAV.  Why should there be?

of course not.

thanks!

steef