Re: clamav

On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 22:25:38 +0200
steef <steefvanduin@zonnet.nl> wrote:

> hi list,
>
> i installed clamav, did what the documentation prescribed in
> /etc/exim4  etc. etc. and all seems well: freshclam updates as it
> should be, so it  seems to me; without any experience with the
> working of this av-program.
>
> so: what am i to expect?  up till now i see absolutely nothing in
> my  emails. should i see a message p.e  as 'all is well with this
> email' or  just nothing, as it is now, till a virus in one of my
> (many) incoming  emails is discovered?
>
> i should appreciate if someone with more experience in the
> workings of  this scanner  could inform me of 'what to expect'.
>
> i am running debian_etch on thid hd and receive and send my emails
> with  seamonkey; my mta is (standard) exim4; my kernel
> 2.6.17-2.k7.
>
> thanks on advance,
>
> regards,
>
> steef

If you look at the headers of the emails you receive you'll see
something like:

When a virus is found in an incoming message what happens depends
upon how you have it configured.  However, there's no message
attached to outgoing emails saying that the emails have been checked
by ClamAV.  Why should there be?

--
Raquel
Well-behaved women rarely make history.