Re: No xterm (or equivalents) immediately accessible in default etch

On 2006-10-22 01:31:53 -0400, Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
> Well, it is well known that the target audience of GNOME is end user
> newbies or windows transplants.  That said, those types of people likely
> don't know about the command line.  If they do, they are likely
> frightened by it.

And Apple said that users are frightened by 3-button mice. So, why
isn't GNOME (and its applications) redesigned to use a 1-button
mouse? :)

FYI, RISC OS[*] has the command line easily available (one key press,
or from the main menu), and IIRC, no-one complained about it.

[*] I like to mention it because it has the most powerful and
intuitive GUI I've ever seen. And its main target audience was
originally children, not advanced users.