particular data patterns in files hang apache transfers

Hi,

I didn't want to file a normal bug report because I haven't fully isolated the problem. After doing an apt-get update/upgrade on an experimental/testing system I am having some weird file transfer problems. I even went as far as to upgrade my kernel and reboot, checked filesystems as well.

Certain files, seemingly random files lock shortly after the transfer starts, usually within the first few k. I can move the file to a different drive/partition, rename it, and it doesn't matter. I can take a different file and it works just fine.

I split one of the files that hangs up into 1k chunks and tried downloading each seperately. Only the second 1k chunk froze.

The same thing seems to happen with some other programs, IRC DCC transfers for example.

However, it works just FINE with VSFTPD or SCP/SFTP.

I'm thinking some change in some library that apache and some other programs use has some bug, but I am no expert here. I can send the 1k chunk(s) it is hanging on if this will help.

This is REALLY weirding me out and everyone I know...

Thanks in advance for any help!