Re: TV-out with XFree86 and nv - possible?

On Sun, 22 Oct 2006 10:24:32 -0500, Ryan Nowakowski wrote:

> I've been trying for a few weeks.  I have a mythtv box based on debian
> with an NVidia GeForce 4 card that I want to use to connect to my TV.
> *None* of the configs I've tried have worked with either the nv or
> nvidia drivers.  I know right now tv out is broken in the nvidia driver.
> I even tried nvtv with no success.  Good luck.  If you get anything
> working I'd sure like to hear about it.

Hmm. Cannot confirm this. For me, TV-out is fine with nvidia 8776 (and it
was with the earlier versions, as well). You need to study the README,
though, and add stuff to XF86Config, something similar to (depends on your
card, your primary display, etc., of course):

Driver          "nvidia"
        Option          "TwinView"
        Option          "MetaModes" "1280x1024, 640x480"
        Option          "TwinViewOrientation" "Clone"
        Option          "TVStandard" "PAL-G"
        Option          "TVOutFormat" "SVIDEO"

Me, for my part, I'm very interested in getting rid of that blob nvidia
and use nv instead. If you get anything in this direction, please let me
know.

(Please, with a Cc:; since the traffic is too high for me to follow up on
the list.)

Uwe