TV-out with XFree86 and nv - possible?

Hello all,

The description of 'nvtv' suggests it is possible:

 This is a program to control the TV encoder chips on NVidia cards under
 Linux, in order to get tv-out with a wide range of resolutions and
 sizes, including "overscan" modes. It does even work with the free nv drivers.

But all sample configs I found with google are using the 'nvidia'
driver. I don't need any special features, just want to watch movies on
my TV. Any pointers to where should I start digging?

Thanks for reading,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)