Re: Error after change MySQL datadir

MySQL looks in a "default" place for its data directory prior to
processing my.cnf , so if my.cnf is not present the default values are
kept (and tried) and there's no need to re-malloc() new configuration
paramaters.

I think this is just a bug (debug bug) that wasn't squelched, which lets
you know the data dir is not what mysqld expects in its default values
(should my.cnf not be there anymore).

This debug output is by default to stderr, which is why you see it in
syslog but not the MySQL logs.

If the service is starting and DB's check out OK, I don't think you have
anything to worry about and you can safely ignore it.

Does placing an empty /var/lib/mysql directory cure it? Again, if its
working, its not broken, and no need to fix it :) Its only a few bytes
in syslog.

I think, iirc you can set the debug level in my.cnf or pass via command
line, or set in the mysqld init script.

I just can't remember the variable to be set off the top of my head..
think its debug= or debuglevel=

Client issues the same thing if mysql.sock is in an odd place .. so you
may see this twice. Its been a while since I had to play with it.

HTH,

Best,
-Tim