Re: Exim4 and Mutt for beginners?

On Fri, Oct 20, 2006 at 02:41:09AM +0000, Tyler wrote:
> Thanks all!
>
> I now have Mutt running with all my mail in it. I don't know if it's set
> up properly, or how to use it, but now at least it's just one program to
> learn instead of 3 or 4.

Start mutt then press F1.
Visit http://www.mutt.org/
All the magic is done in /etc/Muttrc for all users. And in ~/.muttrc for
individual users.
Download some .muttrc files off the net, say from dotfiles.org, and read
them.

You will also need to set your editor. If you are not used to vi/vim you
will get a nasty shock when composing a mail. Set it to nano.

In your .muttrc:
set editor="/usr/bin/nano"

> I was directed off-list to the following link which may be helpful to
> others:
>
> http://www.dcs.gla.ac.uk/~lativyn/articles/debian-mutt/

Thanks.

--