Re: kde and plug-able device icons

On Fri, Oct 20, 2006 at 07:48:21 +0200, Luis Fernando Llana Díaz wrote:
> El Jueves, 19 de Octubre de 2006 22:10, Florian Kulzer escribió:
> > Try to log out and shut down KDE, restart udev and dbus, and then start
> > up KDE again. If that does not restore the icons post the output of
> >
> No, that does not restore the icons.
> > dpkg -l udev dbus\* hal\*
> luis@casa:~$ dpkg -l udev dbus hal
> | Status=Not/Installed/Config-files/Unpacked/Failed-config/Half-installed
> |/ Err?=(none)/Hold/Reinst-required/X=both-problems (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)
> ||/ Name                    Version                 Description
> ii  dbus                    0.93-1                  simple interprocess messaging system
> ii  hal                          Hardware Abstraction Layer
> ii  udev                    0.100-2.1               /dev/ and hotplug management daemon

Are you on Etch? The problem might be due to KDE being in an
inconsistent state between 3.5.4 and 3.5.5. I think this will fix itself
in 1-2 days when the remaining KDE 3.5.5 packages make the transition
from Sid to Etch. (Other people have this problem as well at the moment,
see for example a current thread on debian-kde.)