kde and plug-able device icons

Hello,
  I would like to know how kde "decides" to show an icon when a plug-able disk
device (pen drive, camera, ...) is inserted. Where can I find that
information?
  For instance I have a Palm PDA. It has a mode where it behaves like an
external disk. Until the last system upgrade when I put my PDA in that mode
KDE showed an icon corresponding with the device. Since I upgraded the system
the icon is no more created (why?), although I can continue using the device
manually with the pmount command.

Luis.

--
http://antares.sip.ucm.es/~luis
In a world without walls, who needs Windows(R)?