Re: Dirty spam

On Thu, Oct 19, 2006 at 08:36:07PM -0400, José Alburquerque wrote:
> Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
>
> >Install spamassasin and train it.  Go to the web archives, find the
> >offending message(s) and click the corresponding "Report this as Spam"
> >button on the page for the message.  The list admins periodically train
> >spamassasin on lists.d.o with those messages which are reported as spam.
> >
> >Regards,
> >
> >-Roberto
> >

> Quick question on spamassasin:  Will this work for those that do not use
> fetchmail to download mail to server?  I simply get my mail by using
> mozilla-thunderbird.  In my case, I guess I'd just click on the "Junk
> Mail" button, although I'm afraid that it will begin to throw out good
> messages on this list.  However, I don't mind simply deleting.  I just
> thought that I'd make the observation in case there might be other
> options.  Thanks again.

If you are using t-bird to get mail directly from a pop server, then I
think you're stuck. But you COULD, setup fetchmail to get your mail,
reconfig exim to use spamassassin and whatever else you want) and then
deliver that mail to your mail locally for t-bird to pick up. but that
may be using a 2x4 to swat a fly, I don't know. Can t-bird pipe messages
through external programs? If so, you might look at bogofilter as its
stupid easy to setup and train.