Re: KDE root action

On Fri, 20 Oct 2006 07:23:58 +1000
M-L <rose_snug@bigpond.com> wrote:

Hello M-L,

> For a couple of weeks now, when I try to use synaptic package manager
> as user the root password dialogue box comes up, and when I type in
> the root password it tells me that it is incorrect.

I take it that, like me, when you su and type in the exact same
password, everything works as expected.  So far, I've had no joy sorting
this out, but your message has given me a clue as to where else to look.

Rest assured, if I find a solution, you'll be the second person to find
out.   :-)

--
 Regards  _

What will you do when the gas taps turn?
The Gasman Cometh - Crass