Re: downloading the files using jigdo

John Hasler <jhasler@debian.org> writes:

> Mikef writes:
>> If you could download just one CD that you can use together with an
>> internet install I think this would be the way to go if you have a
>> broadband link.
>
> The netinst CD is exactly that.

If you have ANY Debian CD, you don't need to download the netinst CD
(unless you wish to try out the latest version of the installer).

Note that a network installation can be initiated using the first CD of
the 15-CD set.  All that is necessary is to specify the package source
to be HTTP rather than CD-ROM; this is done in the normal course of
events, after the installation CD has booted.

RLH