Re: Starting iptables

cothrige wrote:
* H.S. (hs.samix@gmail.com) wrote:

Well, my custom firewall script does take start, stop and restart
arguments and so I could call it using the rc method. However, I have
thus far used it by calling it with a pre-up line in the stanza for my eth0:
pre-up /etc/myfirewall/firewall.sh restart

You added that line to /etc/network/interfaces, right?  Does it matter
just where you put it in the script?

Patrick

Yes, it does. You need to put that line in the stanza corresponding to the interface you want to bring up the firewall with. For example, if you want to execute the script right before eth0 is brought up, then you will need to put the line in the eth0 stanza:
iface eth0 inet dhcp
        pre-up /etc/firewall-hs/fw-masq.sh restart

The line beginning with "pre-up" means to execute the following command before the current interface (in whose stanza the line is) is brought up.

->HS