Re: dpkg: error while cleaning up

On Wed, Oct 18, 2006 at 12:17:42 +0200, Hans du Plooy wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-10-16 at 20:04 +0200, Florian Kulzer wrote:

[...]

> > The first thing that seems to go wrong is that grep cannot find
> > something in the non-existent file /etc/postfix-policyd.conf. According
> > to apt-file this package should contain the file
> > /usr/share/postfix-policyd/postfix-policyd.conf. I would try to copy it
> > to /etc and hope that this enables dpkg to remove the package.
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm not getting the same error any more,  but it's still complaining:
>
> mail:~# cp /usr/share/postfix-policyd/postfix-policyd.conf /etc/
> mail:~# apt-get remove postfix-policyd
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree... Done
> The following packages will be REMOVED:
>   postfix-policyd
> 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
> Need to get 0B of archives.
> After unpacking 336kB disk space will be freed.
> Do you want to continue [Y/n]? y
> (Reading database ... 20229 files and directories currently installed.)
> Removing postfix-policyd ...
> dpkg: error processing postfix-policyd (--remove):
>  subprocess pre-removal script returned error exit status 10
>  postfix-policyd
> mail:~#
>
> There isn't anything useful in the logs, so it's difficult to know what
> exactly is going wrong.

We have to identify the problem in the pre-removal script:
/var/lib/dpkg/info/postfix-policyd.prerm

If you don't know shell scripting well enough to figure it out yourself
then tell us which version of the postfix-policyd package is currently
installed on your system. ("dpkg -l postfix-policyd")

--
Regards,
          Florian