Re: password problem in kde

On Tue, Oct 17, 2006 at 04:56:30PM +0530, L.V.Gandhi wrote:
> As root I can login in konsole. But with same password, I couldn't login in
> kde dialog for changing time. First I had en_IN as locale. I changed the
> locale to en_US to rectify problem with audacity menus appearance. I tried
> to delete encription in /etc/shadow and redone passwd command. Still I have
> problem in KDE. Any solution?

For security reasons, the display managers xdm, kdm and gdm are
configured by default to prohibit login as root.  You can login as a
regular user and use su or sudo.  By the way, what do you mean you tried
to delete encryption in /etc/shadow?  If you edited that file by hand,
you might not be able to login or su as root at all (like Ubuntu!)

--
<Deek> Yes, America is a country based on how pissed-off a group of taxed
       people can get.