Re: questions about your product

On Tue October 17 2006 11:26, robert.goodman2@us.army.mil wrote:
> good afternoon... i'm new to the Linux OS (i've used windows my entire
> life), and was curious if your latest version available for download could
> be supported by my PC.  my PC contains: Asus A8N-SLI Premium Motherboard
> AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800 Processor
> GeForce NVIDIA 7600 GT      <---- soon to add another for SLI
> 3 gigs RAM
> MAXTOR 300g HD
>
> what im mostly worried about is the processor and video card.  On the
> forums i mostly see that it is capable to be used with amd 64 bit products,
> but i dont know if the fact that it is dual core makes any difference.  i
> also want to make sure that the os can recognize my video card/card's.
> anyhelp that you could give would help me out greatly!!! im so tired of
> windows...

I use the amd64 version of debian with my Athlon 64 2800+ (single core) along
with a GeForce 5700LE and it works fine.

Your system looks to be a step up (or two) from mine but I think you'll be in
good condition. The default kernel (testing ->) is smp (dual core) aware. If
you install sarge you need to install the -smp kernel of choice, probably
*-amd64-k8-smp.