questions about your product

good afternoon... i'm new to the Linux OS (i've used windows my entire life), and was curious if your latest version available for download could be supported by my PC.  my PC contains:
Asus A8N-SLI Premium Motherboard
AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800 Processor
GeForce NVIDIA 7600 GT      <---- soon to add another for SLI
3 gigs RAM
MAXTOR 300g HD

what im mostly worried about is the processor and video card.  On the forums i mostly see that it is capable to be used with amd 64 bit products, but i dont know if the fact that it is dual core makes any difference.  i also want to make sure that the os can recognize my video card/card's.  anyhelp that you could give would help me out greatly!!! im so tired of windows...

thanks for the help
robert goodman