Re: X server and client usage (was VNC usage)

On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 14:22:24 -0700
Peter Easthope <peasthope@cablelan.net> wrote:

> Roberto & others,
>
> OK, we have progress!
>
> rs> Why is xsetroot uncommented?
>
> That was in the installed ~/.vnc/xstartup file which started
> a terminal viewer.  I can only guess that "-solid grey"
> is for the background viewer in which the terminal appears.
> Probably harmless but I commented it out.
>
> ~/.vnc/joule:1.log contains this line.
>
> /usr/bin/startxfce4: X server already running on display :1

The startxfce4 script checks for a running X server, and starts a new
one if required. The line above doesn't indicate a problem,
necessarily. To verify this, put '/usr/bin/xfce4-session' in the VNC
startup script instead (assuming xfce4-session is installed).

[...]

--

Liam