Re: What is the easiest way to setup simple DNS server on my server?

Yura:

> Do I need to "register" it in my ISP?

Not for local usage. If, for example, all you need is to resolve host
names from your own network and want to provide a single nameserver to
all your clients, you should try dnsmasq. It is a DHCP server and
automatically resolves local host names. (At least, when your clients
send a hostname when they ask for an IP address via DHCP. Debian's
dhclient does not do that, but there is a configuration example in
/etc/dhclient.conf.)

J.
--
I have never been happier than I am now; a fact which depresses me
immensely.