Re: Recent spam increase

Ron Johnson(ron.l.johnson@cox.net) is reported to have said:

> On 10/15/06 00:41, s. keeling wrote:
> > Vincent Lefevre <vincent@vinc17.org>:
> >>  On 2006-10-13 14:35:14 -0500, Mike McCarty wrote:
> [snip]
> >
> > Easier might be mailfilter.  I've never used it, but it's purported to
> > be the English language equivalent to procmail's "modem line noise"
> > syntax, and as powerful.
>
> mailfilter has a very simple C-like syntax for filtering based on
> mail headers.  I use it for simple stuff, but know I am just
> touching the tip of the iceberg.

Ron

If you like mailfilter you'll love murx (not a Debian package, yet).
Its at version 0_5_2 and has mailfilter beat, hands down.

<http://murx.sourceforge.net>

Improvements like:

BODY DENY    #  (or SCORE or ALLOW)
{
    ="make free money"  # (CASE or NOCASE)
}

Test a rule with

TEST DENY = "^Message-Id:.*\.cox\.net"

DENY <> "^(To|Cc):.*my-email@address\.com"

HIGHSCORE = 100
SCORE +100
{
  <> "^(To|Cc):.*my-email@address\.com"
  SIZE > 60000
}

HIGHSCORE = 100
SCORE +50 SIZE > 60000
SCORE +50 <> "^(To|Cc):.*my-email@address\.com"

It's also faster then mailfilter and has very good logging
options.

I replaces mailfilter about 5-6 months ago and murx and is a
big improvment.

Wayne

--
.....File not found. Should I fake it? (Y/N)