Re: limit certain ports to be forwarded through ssh account..

On Sun, Oct 15, 2006 at 10:47:58PM +0200, Eric Persson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm interested in allowing a few selected users forward their imap/smtp
> traffic over ssh. But I also want to prevent them from doing anything
> but that, they shouldnt be able to forward any ports, or get a shell at
> all, just some certain predefined ports.
> Is this possible with openssh or any other sshd?

Maybe rssh?  I'm not sure what you want to do is even possible.  I guess
that one way you might be able to make it work is to set the shell to
/bin/false or something like that.  Then tell the users that they can
only forward ports and if they try to log in it will kick them.  You
will need to test and make sure that it works, though.  Check the man
page on ssh for how to force it to forward ports and then immediately
background.

Regards,

-Roberto

--