From: Roberto C. Sanchez [mailto:roberto@connexer.com]
Sent: Saturday, October 14, 2006 8:53 PM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: 1 CPU or 2 ?

On Sat, Oct 14, 2006 at 05:33:29PM -0700, michael wrote:
> Hello,
> Looking for suggestions on going with 1 dual core CPU
> or 2 dual core CPU. Main server would be an NFS file server.
> Probably using SW raid as well.
> Money is a conern.
> Is it better to go with a single, yet faster CPU?,
> or go with a slower CPU, yet have 2 of them?

Go with whatever you can get cheeper.  If it is primarily an NFS server,
any CPU over 1 GHz will do.  Even a single cpu with a single core.  The
only concern is if you are using a 10 Gbps network card.  If money is a
concern, you are not going to be using a 10 Gbps network card.

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez