Re: Debian Weekly News?

* Joshua J. Kugler <joshua@eeinternet.com> [2006 Oct 13 14:51 -0500]:
> On Friday 13 October 2006 11:43, Wulfy wrote:
> > I haven't had the last two edition of Debian Weekly News.  I thought
> > that I'd somehow become unsubscribed from the list, but when I went to
> > the site, it seems I have all of them and the October editions that I'm
> > missing haven't been sent.
> >
> > Any idea what's wrong?  The only thing I can think of is pressure from
> > the upcoming release of Etch...
> >
> > I really enjoy reading about what's going on and miss my DWN...
>
> From the September 26 DWN:
>
> As Debian experiments with funding, the author of DWN is going to experiment
> with spending less time on Debian. Please understand that due to this there
> may be no future issues of DWN in the current form or that they will only be
> released less frequently.

A rather petulant and small-minded response along the lines of "I'll
take my ball and go home" to what seems to me a rather resonable way
of meeting a schedule.  I fail to see what the big deal is as it seems
many developers are paid to work on Debian in one fashion or another.

- Nate >>

  Amateur radio exams; ham radio; Linux info @  | free since January 1998.
             http://www.qsl.net/n0nb/           |  "Debian, the choice of
             My Kawasaki KZ-650 SR @            |     a GNU generation!"