Re: More Pavilion problems

On Fri, Oct 13, 2006 at 12:41:37AM -0400, Carl Fink wrote:

> And it won't boot.  During bootup it reaches the line:
>
> 	Checking TSC synchronization across 2 CPUs
>
> and then it never returns.  I have to power down.  Same in safe mode.  This
> is 2.17.1. (I believe--I didn't think to look. In any case it's the default
> kernel the installer installs.)

Um, I mean 2.6.17.1, but you knew that.

I'm really confused because both Knoppix and the installer boot on the
laptop, so it can't be purely a kernel incompatibility.

Data point: it took about seven hours for this message to get back to me
after I mailed it.
--
Carl Fink                                   nitpicking@nitpicking.com

Read my blog at nitpickingblog.blogspot.com.  Reviews!  Observations!