Re: Filtering connection on wlan using mac address and shorewall

On Wed, 11 Oct 2006 04:02:56 +0200
"Micha Feigin" <michf@post.tau.ac.il> wrote:

> I am just setting up a local wlan based network at my house.
> I would like to filter incoming connection based on mac address (only
> allow known computers) appart from having encription and
> authentication on the network (which I am still working on figuring
> out how to setup).
>
> I am using shorewall as the firewall and I was wondering how to set
> this up.
>
> Thanks

Are you using a commercial wireless router? Some of them already have
the ability to filter by MAC address. It's just a question of
learning how to enable it.

Shorewall has excellent on-line documentation at http://shorewall.net/.

--

Liam