Re: azx_get_response -- please help!

On Tue, 2006-10-10 at 12:24 -0300, Tyler Smith wrote:
> I've looked for man pages, I've consulted the oracle (google), I can
> find nothing. Please, can anyone tell me what azx_get_response timeout
> means? Sometimes this happens a half dozen times when I boot up,
> sometimes many dozens of times. It's very frustrating.

What kind of hardware are we talking about? What version of linux are
you using?

I did find a few interesting things using Google. According to this
thread this problem could be fixed in linux 2.6.17.
http://forum.linspire.com/viewtopic.php?p=545150

But this thread from lkml seems to suggest that some users still have
trouble in 2.6.18.
http://lkml.org/lkml/2006/9/25/209

One of the last messages in that thread suggests that disabling the
built in modem may cause this. Might be worth a shot.

--
Cheers,
Sven Arvidsson