Re: fglrx-driver installation failed

On Sun, 08 Oct 2006 19:29:47 +0200, Christian Christmann wrote:

> I'm trying to install the fglrx driver for my
> ATI card on my Etch system with Xorg 7.

me too, Etch system with Xorg 7.

> After installing the packages
> module-assistant, fglrx-driver and fglrx-kernel-src
> and running 'aticonfig --initial' the fglrx driver
> seem not to work:
>
> notebook:/usr/lib# fglrxinfo
> display: :0.0  screen: 0
> OpenGL vendor string: Mesa project: www.mesa3d.org
> OpenGL renderer string: Mesa GLX Indirect
> OpenGL version string: 1.2 (1.5 Mesa 6.4.2)

same here.

> and
>
> notebook:/usr/lib# fgl_glxgears
> Using GLX_SGIX_pbuffer
> Error: couldn't get fbconfig

Mine is no better than yours:

$ fgl_glxgears
Using GLX_SGIX_pbuffer
X Error of failed request:  BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
  Major opcode of failed request:  144 (GLX)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  5 (X_GLXMakeCurrent)
  Serial number of failed request:  32

I don't know the answer to your problem. but the bottom line is mine is working.
So maybe give it more try?

Do you need my Xorg.conf? Mine is:

PCI:*(1:0:0) ATI Technologies Inc RV280 [Radeon 9200 SE] rev 1, Mem @ 0xe0000000/28, 0xfd800000/16, I/O @ 0xa000/8, BIOS @ 0xfd700000/17