Re: problems with CD-Writer (solved)

Andrei Popescu wrote:
Joerg.Schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de (Joerg Schilling) wrote:

I think there has been a fork from the original cdrecord, and its author, because of some licensing issues. Debian has decided that it should remain as open source software and has removed any code that conflicts with this aim. So it is in flux I believe?
This is not true:

The original cdrtools from

ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/cdrecord/alpha/

is of course OpenSource ans uses a more free license than earlyer versions.

There are no license issues with the original software and in contrary to the
Denbian "fork", the original is constantly enhanced......

Jörg

Please don't start a licensing flame-war on this list. We are just the
users and have little influence over such decisions. debian-legal is
probably much better suited for this debate.

Anyway, thank you for writing cdrecord. I think everybody agrees it's a
great piece of software.

Regards,
Andrei

I second that motion. Great tool.