Re: problems with CD-Writer (solved)

Joerg.Schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de (Joerg Schilling) wrote:

> >I think there has been a fork from the original cdrecord, and its author,
> >because of some licensing issues. Debian has decided that it should remain as
> >open source software and has removed any code that conflicts with this aim.
> >So it is in flux I believe?
>
> This is not true:
>
> The original cdrtools from
>
> ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/cdrecord/alpha/
>
> is of course OpenSource ans uses a more free license than earlyer versions.
>
> There are no license issues with the original software and in contrary to the
> Denbian "fork", the original is constantly enhanced......
>

> Jörg

Please don't start a licensing flame-war on this list. We are just the
users and have little influence over such decisions. debian-legal is
probably much better suited for this debate.

Anyway, thank you for writing cdrecord. I think everybody agrees it's a
great piece of software.

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)