Fwd: Help logging onto ISP via KPPP

Begin forwarded message:

From: Pollywog <linux-debian@shadypond.com>
Date: October 7, 2006 8:10:19 PM CDT
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Help logging onto ISP via KPPP

On Saturday 07 October 2006 23:39, Jeffrey Rolland wrote:
Hello, all!

I am a Debian newbie who has recently had Debian 3.1r2 "Sarge"
installed onto an Old World Power Macintosh 7500/100 running KDE, and
I am now trying to log onto my dial-up ISP with KPPP.

My ISP, Ticon.net, does not officially support Linux, so I cannot get
them to help troubleshoot the connection, but they do state that they
use PAP authentication. I have tried PAP, CHAP, PAP/CHAP, terminal-
based, everything I can think of, even pppconfig and pon, but nothing
works.

Have you tried wvdial ? It might provide you with information about why the
connection is not working.

I can't get online, so I can't use aptitude to get wvdial or anything else.

I will certainly try that (once I get online with HalNet) with Ticon.

Sincerely,
--
Jeffrey Rolland
<jrolland@softhome.net>