Fwd: Debian-friendly ISP in Milwaukee area?

Begin forwarded message:

From: Jeffrey Rolland <jrolland@softhome.net>
Date: October 7, 2006 8:02:53 PM CDT
To: rlharris@broadcaster.org (Russell L. Harris)
Subject: Re: Debian-friendly ISP in Milwaukee area?

On Oct 7, 2006, at 7:25 PM, Russell L. Harris wrote:

Jeffrey Rolland <jrolland@softhome.net> writes:

Hello, all!

In my recent posting, I have stated that I am trying to log onto a
dial-up ISP that doesn't support Linux, and requested help. I do not
hold out much hope for help, so I'd like to try another avenue.

Does any one know of a standard, $10/month dial-up ISP with local
access numbers in Milwaukee, WI that officially supports Linux
(hopefully even Debian)?

Try www.hal-pc.org. Houston Area League of Personal Computer Users is (at least, as of a couple of years ago) the second-largest PC user group
in the U.S.  A few years back, HAL-PC became an ISP.  Like many ISPs,
HAL-PC provides local-number dial-up service to most of the larger
cities within the U.S.

You do NOT need to be a member of HAL-PC to enjoy the $10/month dial-up
service.

A neat advantage of HAL-PC is a full-time DSL administrator who used to
work for the phone company.

RLH

Russell,

Thanks for the pointer, but it appears you now *do* have to be a member of HAL-PC to join HALNET.

They only have dial-up numbers in the 262 area code (suburban Milwaukee) but since I don't plan on using it much, I'll give it a whirl.

Thanks,
--
Jeffrey Rolland
<jrolland@softhome.net>

Russell,

I take it back, you don't need to be a member to join. I am now on board, and will give it a whirl when I get home from the Student Union.

Sincerley,
--
Jeffrey Rolland
<jrolland@softhome.net>