skype usb phone

Hello. I just installed skype, and I bought a cheap usb phone specifically designed for skype (a sunnyline iPhone, see <http://www.sunnyline.net/cms/shop/index.php?aktion[0]=Artikeldetail&aktion[1]=20039&aktion[2]=Suche&aktion[3]=iphone&aktion[4]=1>, which, while not the exact product I got, is similar.) My machine recognizes this device, but I can't get it to work with skype (ie, it doesn't dial, and I cannot hear with it, or speak into it.) The program usbview lists it as a:
General USB Audio Device
Speed: 12Mb/s (full)
USB version 1.10
Device Class 00(>ifc)

...and it goes on with other details. Is there some voip stuff I need to install? I'm currently using Etch.

Thanks in advance.

Mark