Re: can't install anything from testing

Christian Pinedo Zamalloa wrote:
On Wed, Oct 04, 2006 at 09:45:14PM +0200, Andreas Berglund wrote:

Christian Pinedo Zamalloa wrote:

On Wed, Oct 04, 2006 at 07:39:34PM +0200, Andreas Berglund wrote:

Hi!
I recently reinstalled debian stable on my box, but I would like to run some packages from testing. But after the reinstall I can't install anything from the testing repository, I get messages of dependencies that can't be met for everything. I have searched google and the man pages for apt-* and dpkg for a clue but I havent found anything. Does anyone now what's going on on or where I should look for a solution?

Andreas Berglund

In http://www.debian.org/doc you have the APT HOWTO and there is is
esplained how to merge different repositories in a Debian box.

Yes I know, I have read it. The problem is I'm following the instructions in that document, and installing packages from testing used to work without a hitch before my reinstall with the same settings as I have now.

Odd. Please paste here your /etc/apt/sources.list, /etc/apt/preferences,
and the commands which you have troubles with and so we would see if we
could help you.
This is my /etc/apt/sources.list

# the main Debian packages.
deb http://ftp.port80.se/debian/ stable main contrib non-free
deb-src http://ftp.port80.se/debian/ stable main contrib

# Testing
deb http://mirror.aarnet.edu.au/debian/ testing main contrib non-free

deb http://security.debian.org/ sarge/updates main contrib
deb http://www.debian-multimedia.org stable main

deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux 3.1 r1 _Sarge_ - Official i386 Binary-1 (20051218)]/ unstable contrib main deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux 3.1 r1 _Sarge_ - Official i386 Binary-2 (20051218)]/ unstable contrib main

This is my /etc/apt/preferences

Package: *
Pin: release a=stable
Pin-Priority: 900