Re: can't install anything from testing

Andrei Popescu wrote:
Andreas Berglund <andreas.berglund@home.se> wrote:

Christian Pinedo Zamalloa wrote:

On Wed, Oct 04, 2006 at 07:39:34PM +0200, Andreas Berglund wrote:

Hi!
I recently reinstalled debian stable on my box, but I would like to run some packages from testing. But after the reinstall I can't install anything from the testing repository, I get messages of dependencies that can't be met for everything. I have searched google and the man pages for apt-* and dpkg for a clue but I havent found anything. Does anyone now what's going on on or where I should look for a solution?

Andreas Berglund

In http://www.debian.org/doc you have the APT HOWTO and there is is
esplained how to merge different repositories in a Debian box.

Yes I know, I have read it. The problem is I'm following the instructions in that document, and installing packages from testing used to work without a hitch before my reinstall with the same settings as I have now.

Maybe you should post an example output.

This is the output I get when running "apt-get -t testing install openoffice.org"

Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

that package should be filed.

openoffice.org: Depends: openoffice.org-core (= 2.0.3-6) but it is not going to be installed Depends: openoffice.org-writer but it is not going to be installed Depends: openoffice.org-calc but it is not going to be installed Depends: openoffice.org-impress but it is not going to be installed Depends: openoffice.org-draw but it is not going to be installed Depends: openoffice.org-math but it is not going to be installed Depends: openoffice.org-base but it is not going to be installed
E: Broken packages

regards
Andreas