Re: X programs inside chroot

hi,

I solved my own problem, Here is the solution:
I bind mounted /tmp in the chroot (e.g. mount --bind /tmp
/chroots/sarge-ia32/tmp).

Why did this solve the problem?

* The X server on the host did not have a TCP/IP listener, only a unix
* domain listener (e.g. /tmp/.X11-unix) which was not available in the
* chroot until I bind mounted /tmp.

* Another solution would be to have the X server listen on an IP
* address,which I disremember how to do off of the top of my head.
maybe copying /etc/hosts to chroot would help as well? i think i resolved my problems in this way (and i didn't see hosts in the list of your copied files) - i don't have tmp bindmounted...

regards,
--
Lubos _@_"
http://www.lubos.vrbka.net