Re: gxine and real on BBC radio

On Mon, Sep 25, 2006 at 04:23:29AM -0500, Mumia W.. wrote:
> On 09/25/2006 04:18 AM, libre fan wrote:

> >Gxine + w32codecs ...

[snip]

> >However I'd like to be able *not to use RealPlayer* because it isn't
> libre
> >software.

But the w32codecs aren't free (libre) either.
The difference is I can use a couple of codecs instead of using a full
application.

Personally I would capture the stream to a file with mplayer and then play
it at my leisure.

Have your tired to capture a stream with Mplayer on BBC4? How do you do
this? The only URL I can copy is one starting with http:// this isn't the
right protocol, is it? The BBC doesn't want you to record anything although
they offer some programms that can be saved on your HD.

Cheers,
libre fan