Re: SPF in DNS's and mail servers

Alejandro wrote:
Dear all, I need to know if the SPF protocol used in DNS's and mail servers to avoid spam is used by a lot af administrators or it's just a new protocol without future in Internet.

You can find out if a given domain is using SPF by querying for the TXT record:

$ dig +short halfcoded.net txt
"v=spf1 a -all"

I've tried to experiment with it for my domains but I am not using it live yet. The problem I had was trying to "see it working": a lack of client software for checking a given mail.

We use it at work but we only SOFTFAIL.

--
Jon Dowland