Wierd Firefox behaviour

I presently have Firefox version: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686;
en-US; rv: Gecko/20060830 Firefox/
(Debian-1.5.dfsg+ on my Debian Unstable box. Recently I have
noticed that after long usage e.g. about a day when Firefox uses around
250MB of RAM or more, sometimes it so happens that when I reload a tab
it opens the tab as a new window without the "chrome" i.e. no File menu,
no toolbars or status bars. Has anyone experienced this with Firefox
recently? I haven't tried to reproduce this with an upstream build though.