WMP54G version 4 PCI card as access point

Hi,

I have a WMP54G PCI card(version 4) and I wanted to use it as an access
point for my laptop or any other laptop my friends bring in(the desktop
uses the NIC card for the internet connection). I installed the rt2500
driver for the card using module-assistant and the card is recognised
and the interface is up and working. However the windows laptop cannot
see the wireless card as an access point (or even that it exists). How
do I figure out if it can even be used as an access point or not?

Thanks,
/KS