Re: 2.6.18 and ipw3945

On 28.09.06 13:18, Matt Price wrote:
> now i'm running into something a little more complex.  the
> instructionsstate that I need to first build the ieee80211 module,
> available form the same place; i did that with no difficuty.  I do
> notice however that the debian kernel already seems to have the ieee
> modules integrated!  in any case I continued trying to build the
> ipw3945 modules but end up with this error message:
>
> /bin/sh: Syntax error: "(" unexpected
> /bin/sh: Syntax error: "(" unexpected
> sed: can't read net/ieee80211.h: No such file or directory
> /bin/sh: [[: not found

That is bash script marked as /bin/sh not running under bash (you probably
have different shell as /bin/sh, which if correct). It is a bug of the
script, check if it was reported already. for now, you can edit the script
and change first line to:
#!/bin/bash

> if I try to set that variable, i get further error messages.  I take
> it there's some kind of mismatch between the versions of ieee80211 in
> the debian-standard kernel and the one I installed with the ieee
> module package I installed.  however removing the latter and
> reinstalling the original kernel gives the same result.  it seems to
> me that ipw3945 is asking me to have a kernel with a different version
> of ieee80211 installed in it -- but I don't see how that could
> possibly happen.
>
> does this make any sense?  anyone else had this issue?

I wouldn't do anything before fixing the script, the shell incompatibility
may cause all those problems.
Due to unexpected conditions Windows 2000 will be released
in first quarter of year 1901