Re: Gxine segmentation fault at playback

José Alburquerque wrote:

Currently, I'm running sid and my gxine version is 0.5.7. When I run it from a terminal, it starts up fine. I have some media marks that I've added and when I click on any of them, gxine buffers fine, starts playing and shortly after disappears with a segmentation fault. This is what the output looks like:

jose@sweety:~$ gxine
lirc: cannot initialise - disabling remote control
lirc: maybe lircd isn't running or you can't connect to the socket?
Segmentation fault

Anyone experience this? Do you know a fix? Would much appreciate it. Thanks.

I'm not sure if it's my system, but I get the sense that gxine is simply not very "reliable" for viewing broadband media. I tested it with real media and it plays well for a little then the playback sort of breaks up (audio included). The segmentation fault shows up mostly when playing mms streams (on my system). I'm more inclined to test a little more and then file a bug report if necessary. Sorry for the post.

--
Sincerely
Jose Alburquerque