Gxine segmentation fault at playback

Has anyone experienced segmentation faults with gxine? I've been trying to run it since I installed testing a few months ago (I believe I had gxine 0.5.6 then). I thought that an upgrade would fix my problem, but to this date updates have not made a difference.

Currently, I'm running sid and my gxine version is 0.5.7. When I run it from a terminal, it starts up fine. I have some media marks that I've added and when I click on any of them, gxine buffers fine, starts playing and shortly after disappears with a segmentation fault. This is what the output looks like:

jose@sweety:~$ gxine
lirc: cannot initialise - disabling remote control
lirc: maybe lircd isn't running or you can't connect to the socket?
Segmentation fault

Anyone experience this? Do you know a fix? Would much appreciate it. Thanks.

--
Sincerely
Jose Alburquerque