Re: Evolution, a Maildir style mailbox, and folders

On Wed, 2006-09-27 at 15:09 -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On 09/27/06 14:05, Owen Heisler wrote:
> > I think I've figured out how to get Evolution to work
> > without using imap.
>
> Using IMAP is definitely useful, though, since it breaks the link
> between data and presentation.

This is what I'm aiming for, but I don't really understand why IMAP
needs to be in there.  I'd like to use Evolution as a local GUI and mutt
remotely, on the same maildir.  I shouldn't really need to have
something else between the MUA and maildir.