Evolution, a Maildir style mailbox, and folders

I have set up a mail server using postfix and am using the maildir style
mailbox at "~/.mail".  I have set up that account in Evolution and can
view/delete messages from that mailbox.  I would like to create folders
in the mailbox as well.  Is this possible with Evolution?  Is is
possible with the Maildir mailbox style?

I'm using Debian Etch on amd64, and am new to mail stuff.  Thanks lots.